Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanks!

Many thanks to everyone for your thoughts on the floorplans. We're going to go with the first one, and we're going to use either one door that swings out into the bedroom, or two smaller doors that swing out. That way we don't lose any significant space outside the door or inside the bathroom. It should end up looking pretty good, I think.

Also, this weekend, my loving wife painted the entire kitchen while I was off gallivanting around. I'm incredibly proud of her and I think she's the best thing in the history of ever. Here's what she accomplished:

This is much like the room upstairs with the same Blue Cornflower color. It's not quite as bright in real life. It's still a very pretty, calming sort of blue, though.

I really like this color in here. Once we get the tape gone and all, I think it's going to be downright stunning. I even like the color of the cabinets much more now. I think we're going to do an additional coat of paint on here just to make sure we have solid coverage, but then we'll call it done. Woot!

She also finished the primer in the bathroom. I want to get at least the first coat of paint in here tonight, and maybe the first coat on the ceiling as well. I think this will look much nicer with the new paint. You'll see tomorrow, hopefully!

Also, we got our first real new furniture for the new house.

Woo-hoo! Nightstands. Real nightstands. Not rubbermaid bins repurposed for a job they are spectacularly ill-suited to. We're getting this whole bedroom set, actually. A dresser and mirror combo, a head and foot board, both nightstands and potentially another dresser. We haven't decided yet, but we'll see how we feel about it. So far, we're loving these. So much more space on top, actual functional drawers in them, and they just look and feel so much nicer. More adult.

So there we go. Very productive weekend, almost entirely because of my tiny wife. I love you, Kitten! Thanks for reading, everyone.

1 comment: