Monday, October 18, 2010

Hot water heater? No, cold water heater.

That's one of my pet peeves. Why would you heat hot water? "Water heater" is plenty, describes exactly what it does, and doesn't have that annoying redundancy. End mini-rant.

Speaking of water heaters, ours was broken, if you'll remember. That's all done now. We had the new plumber come in and replace it with a similar model, but one that hadn't been destroyed by our incredibly awful water yet. Hooray! I think I also mentioned the pump:


And the little bypass valve thingy:

Here's the basement with the old one torn out:

It's so bare! Pretty weird not to see the heater in there, I'll admit.

Here's the new one in the process of being installed. The guys worked quickly and efficiently and everything went very smoothly. I'm very pleased with their efforts and I'm confident they'll do a good job with the master bath.

This is the pump on the heater. It's sort of a simple timer, but it should be easy to use and relatively maintenance-free. All you do to set the time for it to turn on is to flip the little switches all around the edge. They're the little blue bits. You flip them to the outside to have the pump come on at those times. We're still working on our timing for that, but so far I think it looks pretty promising.

This is the ceiling in the powder room. All clean and white, now. I don't know what it was with the previous owners and painting the ceiling the same color as the walls. They really enjoyed that.

Here are the walls with their color on them. The yellow is the same as the office, and it has a very bright, sunny feel to it. We're thinking about a few options in here, mainly revolving around beadboard. I'm not sure what we'll end up doing, but I think it'll be pretty neat.

That's about all we got done this weekend, but it's some pretty good progress for as busy as we were. I'm hoping to finish the painting in the powder room (cutting in, mostly) and maybe do our second coat in the kitchen so we can get rid of all that tape. I'll take pictures, of course, and let you know all about it tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment