Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Some kind of record

Three posts in three days? This is astonishing. Look at how astonished I am:

By "astonished" I clearly mean "sexy." On to other things.

We finished up cutting in with the primer, and got it in behind the stove and fridge. I also got some in around the door so we can re-hang our bedsheet curtain and get some privacy. This paint is a semi-gloss, so it needs a couple of coats to get good coverage. I don't know why that is, but it seems to be the case every time we use a semi-gloss.

There's the patch after a little more finagling. Still not entirely perfect, but I think it'll blend in pretty well once we get everything painted. of course I'll take pictures and let you know, but I'm pretty excited about it. If the sponge/joint compound technique works well for these chips, I'll be using it a lot more instead of trying to tape and spray. That's great for the larger spaces, but the tiny chips really don't need that much work.

My lovely wife also started priming the powder room, too. We got hungry and ran out of primer before we could finish, but it'll only take a little while tonight to wrap up the rest of the priming. Then, we can start painting in there. Woot!

So now, hopefully, we're ready to start rolling more color in there. We may have a fully painted kitchen and bathroom by the end of this week if we play our cards right. I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks for reading, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment