Wednesday, June 23, 2010

To see your enemies driven before you...

What is good in life? Not ants, I say. There was still a little activity this morning so I hit them with a big pot of actually-boiling water today. The water I used yesterday was really hot, but not quite boiling. I'm hoping that this second application of burning death will solve the problem but I will, as always, keep you posted.

Starting from there, I got a little feisty this morning. Does anyone else ever do that? Just get a wild hair and decide that 7:00 AM while you should be getting ready for work is a great time to re-organize your tax documents from 1997 or something? Maybe it's just me.

Here's the situation. We have a four bedroom, four bathroom house. We are currently living in one and a half bedrooms and one and a half bathrooms (the guest room where we sleep and half of the office, with the upstairs hall bath and the main floor powder room). For this reason, living in the house isn't feeling significantly less cramped than living in the apartment. All of our stuff that was in boxes is still in boxes and we haven't done much aside from adding a yard. I'm kinda thinking that we should at least be using two full bedrooms. Maybe it doesn't make any sense, but it's what I'm thinking at the moment. So anyway, we've been thinking about how to improve the office. We got those file cabinets now and we're going to put a nice big desk in there.

Still, the room is cramped and full of boxes and such. We don't really have a permanent place to put the things from the boxes right now, but I'm really feeling the need to get them out of the office if nothing else. Obviously everything is going to have to come out of there when we replace the carpet, but we don't know how long that'll be. We can pull everything out for a few days and then move it back in without too much difficulty, I think. Really, we're spending a fair amount of time up in there and I just want it to be nicer. In that vein, I'm going to clear everything out of there and move it into the basement or the hobby room, depending on how easy our access needs to be.

I'm hoping to get some paint on that texture to see how I like it, and we're going to pick up the new front door this week. We went to the HOA meeting last night and it was pretty uneventful. We just have a lot of stuff to do and not a lot of time to do it in. We're so busy with family and friends these days that a night off to work on the house seems like a real luxury. At some point I'm going to have to learn to start telling people "No" when they ask if I'm free. Doesn't seem like that's just yet, though.

That's it for me. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment