Thursday, June 3, 2010

No news is...boring

It's not no news, but it's certainly limited news. I haven't done much of anything on the house this week. We've been out and about with friends for the past few nights and I was recovering from the Bolder Boulder on Monday.

Here's what has happened:

We got a letter from the HOA stating that we have too many weeds in our front yard. I am forced to agree with them, based on the inspection date of 5/21. My parents came over and pulled the weeds out of the yard after that, and it really was looking pretty gnarly at that point. I have since been mowing, raking, bagging, weeding, spraying, etc. to make it look nicer. There's still more to do, and I'm hoping to get the majority of it done tonight.

We also got our new kitchen cabinets. They're going to go up above the counter to the right of the sink, and we're going to be able to fit all of our kitchen stuff in a nice, organized way. I'm seriously jazzed about it.

Finally, I ordered our new front door. Here's the style of it:

There's some caming in the lite up there on the top, and some cool beveled glass pieces and all. I think it'll be very nice, and significantly better-looking than the plain front door that's in there now. We're also going to be painting it, and this is the color we picked:

Very pretty, eh? I think it'll look great. It's not super dark, so it'll look good with the light color of our siding and it'll contrast nicely with the new latch we want to get.

I'm pretty excited! The reason we've ordered the door is that the HOA folks came by on Friday and told us we can do everything we want with the doors. It took longer than I would've liked but I can't complain too much. It's not like we didn't have other things to keep us busy anyway. Next step is to order the back door from Lowe's and then work on installing it. I think we're going to install both doors ourselves, which we weren't originally planning on doing. We've just come to the conclusion that we do pretty good work and our labor is free, more or less. If we're going to pay someone to come work and then have to go around and fix what he did, there's really no point to that at all.

So there you have it. We didn't really do much, but things are moving along anyway. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment