Thursday, October 6, 2011

More pictures of vegetables and stuff

Two posts in one day? I know, crazy. I've been sitting on pictures for a while and pictures mean posts in this blog.

My parents have offered to help us get ourselves back on track with fixing up the house and one of the projects was weeding the back yard. It had gotten bad. very bad. Unconscionably bad. I had so many weeds I couldn't look my neighbors in the eye. The only person who was okay with the situation is my dog (yes, my dog is a person in my head) because she likes hiding in the long grass when she hunts wild water bottles.

Unfortunately I neglected to take any before shots, so you're just getting afters. The weeds in this area covered the entire section from the side of the house to the fence. Some were taller than the fence. It was bad. Now it's much better.


We had weeds in the back corner that were also taller than the fence, as well as other weeds all through the grass and the rocks.

Look at our little melon! It's still growing and now it has a buddy (not pictured).

This is one of our tiny onions. it turned into sandwich toppings and it was good. Freakin' potent, though. Tiny onions pack a punch.

The carrots are coming along very nicely. We've used them in salads, soups, stews, etc. it's so crazy that I can go out to my yard and just grab food out of the ground. Even now, that amazes me.

That's more or less it for now. We've been talking to electricians and general contractors, trying to get our master bathroom past the current stall point, so I'll keep you posted on that as more news becomes available.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment