Monday, February 20, 2012

Rooms progressing

The master bedroom is very nearly complete now. I think all the actual work is done (except thresholds, which are still on order) and now we're just down to tweaking furniture placement. Things are looking good, though!

We have all matching bedroom furniture. Pretty sure that means we're adults now.

The doorway is a bit crowded for my taste. I think we'll move things a bit to open it up.

We also have to add some decorations to the walls and all, of course. We'll get that figured out soon, I'm sure.

This is going to be the office eventually, and my mom is very kindly repainting it for us. We wanted to have a green room upstairs, and since this one was already blue and yellow it was the natural choice.

We also have to add back the closet doors and all that jazz. Soon, though.

This is the nursery, all cleared out and ready for finishing. My dad and I are installing beadboard, chair rail and crown molding in here to make it all fancy for the baby.

We still love the blue, but we're excited to see how it all looks with the wainscoting and the trim and all. I'm thinking it will be beautiful.

How are you liking the wood floors? Now that all the rooms are finished and cleared out, it's so much easier to see the floors. I absolutely love them. Such a warm, rich color just makes everything seem so friendly and homey. I'm also loving all of our paint choices, too. Our bedroom is a very subdued, stormy gray and is seriously relaxing. The baby's room is a serene blue with plenty of white to keep it bright. The office will be green, which always feels energizing and creative to me, and the hobby room is a mustardy gold that just makes me want to get in there and work. We're getting so close to being able to start using all our rooms, too. Right now, we're living in one bedroom, and working on three, but we're going to knock these last few out in no time and can then start moving stuff from the basement up to the appropriate rooms. I can't properly explain how happy it's going to make me to know where all my stuff is and be able to get to it.

Okay, more progress reports later. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment