Friday, September 17, 2010

Status...or Stasis?

Just a quick post to let you guys know I haven't forgotten about you all. We've just been crazy busy doing stuff every night this week. Our friend's b-day (all the sushi I could eat +1), trivia and harmonica class, and our book club. We're very busy people. I suppose we could be making much faster progress on the house if we gave up some of our social schedule or something, but I'm pretty happy with how everything's going.

We haven't made any real progress, but I just have to say that the addition of those cabinets has changed the whole dynamic of the kitchen. Things that had to be squirreled away in the tiny cabinets above the fridge-where even I had to use a step stool to get to them-are now in much more accessible spaces. We can also move some things out from the pantry and make more room for food. The big appliances, like the slow cooker and the electric skillet, will have to stay there, but the rice cooker, the crock pot, the blender, the food processor, etc, can all be moved to where I can grab them out with little issue. We've also managed to get things to a place that makes more sense. Plates, bowls, glasses and water bottles are all on the bottom two shelves of the new cabinets now, so they're easily accessed. Storage and cooking containers are going to be in thecabinet near the stove, since that's where we generally need them. I don't know if you can tell, but I've put a lot of thought into these cabinets. I would even go so far as to say that I've fantasized about having them and about how efficient and shiny my kitchen would be once they were installed.

So that's really it for now. Not too much else to report. I think I'm going to adjust some sprinklers tomorrow morning to catch the parts of the lawn that are looking a little yellow. If I remember to do so, I'll take some pictures of that so you can see how that whole process goes. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment