Monday, August 9, 2010

Sorry!

Sorry for the lack of updates, everyone. We were so busy last week, I didn't really get much done with the house. We did have a few good things, at least. The new cabinet came in, for one. Here are the pictures of the old one:

Look pretty good, right?

Yeah, that's a big split down one of the face frame pieces. Didn't even notice it until we took the door off, either.

The corner is just sort of caved in. Not the end of the world, but still not what I want when I pay several hundred dollars for a shiny new cabinet.

A sizable chip out of the edge, here. Again, I think this would be covered up, but still.

This one is tougher to see in the picture, but the back panel of the cabinet just isn't attached very sturdily to the frame. It seems like someone dropped this thing pretty hard.

The new one looks great, and is pretty much free of any damage at all. We'll have to get those up on the wall before too long.

Really, that's about it. I pulled some weeds in the front yard yesterday. Crabgrass is a huge pain and is popping up all over. None of the weed killers are even working a little at this point, so I've taken to just pulling them out, even when it's just one little sprig in the middle of the lawn. It's slow and tedious, but it's the only thing that's working. At the very least, our lawn looks better than most in the neighborhood. The work we put in earlier in the season really seems to be paying off.

So that's it, unfortunately. I feel like a bit of a slacker for not doing more, but I'm sure I'll get back into the groove soon enough. I'll get pictures and post them here, as is my custom. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Are you just replacing a single cabinet? And how are you going to handle the countertop situation on top of the cabinet? Or is it a top one? I'm curious, since our cabinets are ultimately pretty lame themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We aren't replacing, we're actually adding new ones. These are upper cabinets, so they'll be going on the wall to the right of the sink. We do want to replace our countertops eventually, but I think we'll be keeping the cabinets themselves. We may do something like re-finishing them with a different stain and get new doors for them or something, but I think the current layout is about as good as we can hope to get, and the boxes themselves are pretty decent.

    We do have a DVD or two on how to build and install cabinets that you can borrow if you'd like. I think I might build some cabinets for the garage and the basement to get a feel for it.

    ReplyDelete