Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Raked a Rake (Sung to the tune of 'I Dreamed a Dream')

No new pictures, since all my recent work has been done in near-total darkness. All I really did was to rake out the side yard where the big pile of bricks is. You remember this one, right?

Yeah, it's like that. So I cleared it out right before it snowed on us, which is good. Two very full garbage bags later and it looks much better. The weird thing is that I found a rake with my rake. An entire rake had been buried in debris to the point where I had no indication that it was under there. I have found a garage worth of tools in the back yard now. I also found a really mangled tilling thing, to boot. Coupled with the actual garbage (broken toys, empty bottles and cans, ribbons, broken pieces of plastic, damaged rubber balls, bottlecaps, and who knows what all else) it's sort of amazing there was room for any weeds. Our new puppy has a knack for finding this stuff. By which I mean, I thought I'd found all of it and I was so wrong it makes me feel like Mayor of Wrong-Town. She finds some new bit of debris on every trip into the yard, and there are a lot of trips into the yard.

Anyway, I'll try to get some pics of the cleared-out space today while it's still light so you can see the difference. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment