Thursday, November 11, 2010

Demolition Man

We managed to do a bit more demo last night, and we'll finish up the rest tonight. Here's what we got done:

Removing the remainder of these pipes. I wish I'd done this in the first place, but I really didn't know what to expect. Oh well.

I did get to use the handy removal tool for the first time, so that's cool.

It just snaps over the pipe, and then you squeeze it down towards the fitting.

Thusly.

Et voila. All set and ready to be re-used.

Bit of a leak from one of the caps I had installed incorrectly. A little more pressure to snap it down and the leak stopped instantly. Not my finest moment in plumbing, but a minor issue overall.

So you can see now that we have most of the rest of the framing taken out. The last bits are proving more difficult, but they too will bend to our will.

Soon: New Walls

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment