Friday, July 9, 2010

Life, the Universe and Everything

This blog actually has nothing to do with life, the universe, or everything. It's just my 42nd post and I thought I'd homage a bit. Unfortunately, this blog also has nothing to do with home improvement, either. We had big plans for this weekend and this week in the evening, and I've managed not to do much of anything.

My dad was going to come over and help with the back door but the July 4th rainstorms kept him pretty busy at his own house. I also have to say, I'm not too excited about tearing the door out of my house with the weather being so flaky these days. I really want to get it done and in there, but I also don't want it to rain when I have a gaping wound in the back of my house.

The front door proceeds apace. Sanding all the smooth surfaces and doing another coat of paint made a huge difference. I have some brush strokes but they're crazy light. I think I might need to do the same thing again to even out some color, and then maybe a quick once-over with some steel wool to minimize the brush-strokiness. Sooner or later I'm going to have to flip this baby over and paint the other side.

Maybe tonight I'll actually do something productive instead of sitting on my butt playing Xbox. It doesn't seem likely, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment