Friday, June 17, 2011

Growing Pains

Actually, there's no pain involved. The growing is happening and it's awesome. Here're our little sprouts:

These are our onions, grown from tiny bulbs given to us by the Webbers. They're already getting so big! Winifred has also gained access to the raised bed and established her dominance over the "Carrots" sign. I can't say I'm entirely surprised.


These are the barest beginnings of our tiny lettuce plants. They're scattered and densely packed right now, but as they get a little bigger, we'll thin them out.


This is the first sprout from one of our watermelon seeds. We planted three, and I really hope they turn out. Watermelon would be awesome to have at some late summer backyard picnics.

I also decided to thin the weeds in the back a little. In case you thought maybe I didn't have a lot of weeds back there, here's a picture.

How many weeds is that? All the weeds.

This is now fewer weeds. I actually got rid of all of them, but the light was failing so i snapped a pic before the job was done.


Here you can see the hose laid out in the yard, marking where the new line of lawn will go. We're cutting out a lot of it, but there will still be a whole lot left.

That's it for now! I'll get more pics of our little plants for you guys this weekend. I think we have a couple more poking through already. Woot! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment